If you’re getting ready to sell your home, you want to get the most money for your investment, right? One of the key factors that will sell your home is price, and having a sound pricing strategy is a must if you want to find the right buyer.
Here are six common pricing mistakes all sellers should avoid.
1. Overpricing from the start – You might think your home is the best on the block and should command a price relative to the value you see. Wrong. You have to appeal to the value homebuyers see. Overpricing your home at the onset could leave out strong potential buyers, especially if recent sales and other factors in your neighborhood don’t justify your listing price. You also run the risk of needing multiple price reductions, which keep your home on the market that much longer.
2. Leaving out potential buyers in online searches – Entering a price range is the first search parameter most homebuyers use to narrow down their options. If a buyer’s price range is, say, $250,000 to $300,000, they won’t see your home if it’s listed at $305,000. It might make sense to list it right at $300,000 so that you capture potential buyers in the ranges above and below. Ultimately, this is up to you and your agent, but the range your home's price falls into is certainly worth thinking about – especially if you're teetering between price ranges anyway.
3. Not considering recently sold properties – To arrive at a listing price that will generate buyer interest, you can’t base your price solely on the prices of other homes in your area that are listed for sale. You also need to consider recent sales in your neighborhood and the final sale prices. An experienced agent can provide you with information on recent sales to help you see the bigger picture.
4. Getting too creative with your asking price – Make it easy for buyers and pick round numbers. Listing a home for $512,477, for example, will give potential buyers pause about your intentions and divert attention from your property to you, as the seller. Maybe it's best to save the creative juices for the property description.
5. Not being open to negotiation – The quickest way to kill a sale is to dig in your heels on asking price before the for-sale sign even goes in the yard. Negotiation is a two-way street, and if you refuse to budge on pricing or other conditions, you might be in for very bumpy (and long) ride. Ask yourself: Is it more important to get full asking price, or can you make a few concessions to find common ground that will ensure a closed sale?
6. Ignoring your agent’s insights – The best route to the right price starts with picking a great agent and then listening to his or her advice. Your agent will look at your situation from all angles – your home's features, the local market, recent sales and more – to help you make an informed decision about pricing.
operpricing , sold , buyers , negotiation
Welcome to our website www.pamcrawford.com, your number one source for finding homes in Spencer MA Real Estate, Shrewsbury MA Real Estate, Worcester MA Real Estate, Charlton MA Real Estate, Worcester County Real Estate, and surrounding towns.
New Listing Alerts:
Feel free to Sign-up for New Listing Alerts that will deliver New Listings, Price Changes, Back on Markets, Open Houses, and Virtual Tours of homes for sale in Spencer MA, Shrewsbury MA, Worcester MA, Worcester County and surrounding towns directly to your email every day. By signing up today you will get access to MLS Property Messenger which will send you New Listings in Spencer MA, Shrewsbury MA, Worcester MA, Charlton MA, Worcester County, and surrounding towns directly to your desktop the minute they become available.
Buyers and Sellers:
Interested in selling your home in Spencer MA, Shrewsbury MA, Worcester MA, Charlton MA, Worcester County or surrounding towns? Fill out our Free Market Analysis to find out what your home is worth. Are you at the beginning stages of selling or buying a new home? Then check out our very helpful Buying and Selling Tips. Don't know what you can afford? Then see today's rates and calculate your monthly payments with our Mortgage Calculator. You can always subscribe to a list of our properties using your favorite RSS reader as well.
Community and School Information:
This website also offers community and school information for Spencer MA, Shrewsbury MA, Worcester MA, Charlton MA, Worcester County and surrounding towns. You can also find the latest town and Real Estate News, up to the minute listings alerts of New Listings, Price Changes, Back on Markets, Open Houses, Virtual Tours, and much more information about Spencer MA Real Estate, Shrewsbury MA Real Estate, Worcester MA Real Estate, Charlton MA Real Estate, Worcester County Real Estate and surrounding towns from Our Blog.