Homes Sales are down in Massachusetts in May 2015~
May 2015 Housing Report
Natick, MA - June 23, 2015 - The consistent spring weather helped to propel the New England housing market forward in May. Month-over-month, home sales were up 29.2% over April's numbers, and year-over-year, home sales increased by 0.5% in the region with 14,960 recorded sales.
Across New England, median prices were on the incline in every state in the region, except Massachusetts, showing modest price appreciation over May 2014's figures. On average, home prices rose 3.4% year-over-year. Most notably, Rhode Island experienced an 8.3% increase over May 2014's numbers and 13.8% increase month-over-month. Pending sales were also up 15.2% year-over-year and 12.6% over April 2015's numbers.
"Warm, sunny days are certainly doing wonders for the region's housing market with homes staying on the market two weeks less than in April," said Dan Breault, EVP/Regional Director of RE/MAX INTEGRA, New England. "We're seeing heightened consumer demand reflected by strong growth in pending sales."
Top Reasons a Great Real Agent is Vital to a Seller
Selling your home without hiring a real estate agent might be tempting, especially if you're in an area where buyers are clamoring for properties. It's not uncommon for sellers to think (even for a split-second) "How hard can it be to sell on my own?" But there are probably some challenges they're not considering.
Here are some key ways a real estate agent – more specifically a licensed Realtor – proves to be indispensible during the selling process.
1. They market to a larger population. Find an agent with the education, experience and know-how – along with the backing from a brokerage and powerful brand – to increase exposure of your house to potential buyers. Your agent can devise a marketing plan that stresses showing your property to other agents as well as to the public.
2. They bring objectivity. You probably love your home even with all its faults, but a prospective buyer might not be so dazzled. A solid real estate agent can give you helpful tips on things that need to be fixed and ways to improve your home’s appearance and curb appeal. Your agent can also evaluate and focus on features that might set your house apart from the competition.
3. They know the market. Agents can access current market data about pending and recent sales, and they can use that information to help you establish an appropriate asking price for your home. Homeowners often expect unrealistically high prices for their homes, which can turn off buyers who are seeing homes with more competitive prices. A house that is priced accurately from the get-go will sell more quickly and for a higher price than those that are priced too high right out of the gate.
4. They manage all showings. You may not be available to show your home to prospective buyers, or you may have already moved out, but your agent can arrange to show your house even when you aren’t there. Agents can answer visitors’ questions and take note of their feedback. Further, prospective buyers usually feel more comfortable touring a house when the owner isn’t present. They might want to comment on a house’s drawbacks.
5. They qualify the buyer. Real estate agents can vet all potential buyers, including verifying they're preapproved for a home loan and weeding out the "looky-loos” who aren't serious buyers. They also can provide security by pre-screening visitors and accompanying them while they're in the house.
6. They're prepared to negotiate. Agents will negotiate contracts on your behalf. FSBO sellers generally negotiate with a professional representing the buyer's interests. Your agent, on the other hand, can help you negotiate with the buyer’s agent to secure a contract that gets you the best price for your house.
7. They help you avoid legal trouble. Your agent knows the requirements for disclosures in your state. The seller is required to disclose any problems that could affect the value of the property. In most states, it’s against the law to hide physical problems such as flood hazards and prior damage. Some states require a seller to search for such problems even if they aren’t obvious. An agent helps prepare necessary disclosure documents.
8. They're with you to the end – and beyond. Getting to the closing table is a complicated process, filled with paperwork, and mistakes can sidetrack the deal. Good real estate agents have safeguards in place to avoid them. Your real estate agent will work with you every step of the way to closing, and can even be a resource for you as you consider your next move.
9. They follow a strict Code of Ethics. Realtors are members of the National Association of Realtors (NAR), and they are required to complete a two-and-a-half hour Code of Ethics course every four years. The repeat training ensures that agents are familiar with the code’s newest provisions and that its key guidelines are reinforced: protecting clients, protecting communities and protecting the industry.
Welcome to our website www.pamcrawford.com, your number one source for finding homes in Spencer MA Real Estate, Shrewsbury MA Real Estate, Worcester MA Real Estate, Charlton MA Real Estate, Worcester County Real Estate, and surrounding towns.
New Listing Alerts:
Feel free to Sign-up for New Listing Alerts that will deliver New Listings, Price Changes, Back on Markets, Open Houses, and Virtual Tours of homes for sale in Spencer MA, Shrewsbury MA, Worcester MA, Worcester County and surrounding towns directly to your email every day. By signing up today you will get access to MLS Property Messenger which will send you New Listings in Spencer MA, Shrewsbury MA, Worcester MA, Charlton MA, Worcester County, and surrounding towns directly to your desktop the minute they become available.
Buyers and Sellers:
Interested in selling your home in Spencer MA, Shrewsbury MA, Worcester MA, Charlton MA, Worcester County or surrounding towns? Fill out our Free Market Analysis to find out what your home is worth. Are you at the beginning stages of selling or buying a new home? Then check out our very helpful Buying and Selling Tips. Don't know what you can afford? Then see today's rates and calculate your monthly payments with our Mortgage Calculator. You can always subscribe to a list of our properties using your favorite RSS reader as well.
Community and School Information:
This website also offers community and school information for Spencer MA, Shrewsbury MA, Worcester MA, Charlton MA, Worcester County and surrounding towns. You can also find the latest town and Real Estate News, up to the minute listings alerts of New Listings, Price Changes, Back on Markets, Open Houses, Virtual Tours, and much more information about Spencer MA Real Estate, Shrewsbury MA Real Estate, Worcester MA Real Estate, Charlton MA Real Estate, Worcester County Real Estate and surrounding towns from Our Blog.